THE EDUCATION DIVISION
Working closely with administrators and teachers has enabled us to construct a standards-based Arts Education program that will satisfy academic needs as well as artistic enrichment.
- ARTISTIC PERCEPTION - Processing, analyzing and responding to the arts
- Following all performances Will & Company artists lead a Question and Answer session. At the conclusion of each workshop, participants evaluate and respond to learning in the session.
- CREATIVE EXPRESSION - Creating, performing and participating in the arts
- Students from your school are invited to participate in the performance! Will & Company artists train your students, give them a costume piece and they perform alongside professional artists! * Workshops are interactive and hands-on. Long-term residencies include a student culmination
- HISTORICAL & CULTURAL CONTEXT - Contributions and dimensions of the arts, past & present
- Historical connections: Robin Hood (Medieval Times), The Odyssey (Ancient Greece), A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Elizabethan England), A Christmas Carol (Victorian England), Don Quixote (The Golden Age of Spain).